November 29, 2008
- Fixed a problem with interaction between jQuery as supplied by psd2css Online vs jQuery as supplied and used within Drupal
November 27, 2008
- Added ability to use _link/_linkover pairs with _lbthumb
November 22, 2008
- Added basic Drupal support
- Added custom region support for Drupal
- Added custom page support for Drupal
- Fixed a bug about elements becoming children of _bodybg and so not being rendered
- Beautified indentation without breaking the end div trick needed for IE back on Oct 30
November 11, 2008
- Made a fix that was causing necessary conversion failures
- Added the _#color Layer Naming Convention
October 30, 2008
- Made a fix where closing div tags won't have leading spaces between them and image or href tags preceding them. IE can add a line break or something at the top of a div pushing the image down if there are space(s). So our code layout is not quite as pretty, but IE positions the images within these divs correctly now.
October 23, 2008
- Made a BIG speed optimization
October 22, 2008
- Added internal extension checking too
- Added exception handling for errors - currently only large pixel images get an error
October 21, 2008
Wow, that was crazy. A combination of some maintainance at the ISP and some people uploading bad files caused us to go down for an entire day. Through the good help of some of the folks at BlueHost and some new safeguards, we're up and running again.
October 19, 2008
- Added the '_page' Layer Naming Convention and documentation
October 18, 2008
- We generate an external CSS style sheet instead of CSS embedded within the HTML file
October 12, 2008
Looks like I missed a few updates for the dev log here. I'll try to catch up in this entry (in no particular order)
- Added the '_hmenu' feature.
- Completely re-skinned the site. It's a much more Web 2.0 looking site now. The application itself is more predominant on the page and easier to use.
- Add the ability to embed a live Twitter feed into your page without writing any code.
- Added the '_datepick' feature.
- Added the '_bodybg' feature. Very useful.
- Added an IE PNG fix to all generated code. All generated pages will render correctly on IE6 now even with highly transparent PNG files
September 4, 2008
- Added psd2css Online Unlimited
August 28, 2008
- Added the '_comments' Layer Naming Convention using JS-Kit.com Comments
August 26, 2008
I was out of town on a rafting trip for over a week. Rafting the Grand Canyon is HIGHLY recommended :)
- Added the '_textarea' Layer Naming Convention
August 14, 2008
August 10, 2008
- Had a bug reported in the '_lbthumb' feature - an errant comma in the list of args to lightbox (only because I'd commented out some of the other arguments, but left that one last comma in - doh!). Fixed.
August 9, 2008
- Added the '_close' feature
- Created and added a video tutorial for the '_close' feature
- Added the very cool '_lbthumb' feature
- Created and added a video tutorial for the '_lbthumb' feature
August 5, 2008
- Redesigned the site in Photoshop and used psd2css Online to make our own template.
August 1, 2008
- Improved the memory management of the application. You can upload and convert more complicated PSD files now than you could before.
July 24, 2008
- Increased the amount of time that that generated pages and images are kept on the server from 5 minutes to 24 hours
July 5, 2008
- Fixed again the _link and _linkover animation code. Found a much better solution
- Improved some of the generated comments
July 1, 2008
- Added the tutorial for '_basename'
June 30, 2008
- Added Professional Services
- Added the '_floatleft' and '_floatright' Layer Naming Conventions
- Added the tutorial for '_floatleft' and '_floatright'
June 29, 2008
- Fixed an issue with _link and _linkover where moving the mouse very quickly could leave a _linkover div visible (due to a mouseout event that sometimes doesn't occur). It's not my favorite solution however, so if anyone has a better idea, please feel free to suggest. Thanks.
June 22, 2008
- Moved the Google Anaylytics code from just the front page into the email/TOS/copyright section so that it gets run for every page view - not just the front page. Should change pretty drastically what analytics knows about our site. Makes comparisons with traffic before today nearly useless however.
- Have the http://psdspace.com site running. Still no art so it's pretty dry. Not well tested either, but like psd2css Online it will evolve. Going to test it some and make a nicer skin before I start to advertise it
June 17, 2008
- Fixed the problem with IE and the _linkover script inside a menu
June 15, 2008
- Added the '_tooltip' Layer Naming Convention
- Added the '_basename' Layer Naming Convention
June 2, 2008
- Added the '_empty' Layer Naming Convention
- Added minor revision numbering to the comments generated in the HTML code
May 21, 2008
- Added a '_textpassword' feature to allow for password fields in forms
- Improved how the '_center' feature works. No longer leaves a 'gap' at the top of the page by default
May 18, 2008
- Added a 4 second timeout to menus so that they close themselves if left open
- Optimized the use of a jQuery selector to close all open menus
May 11, 2008
- Added notion of Beta vs. Release versions of the program. The registered users automatically get the Beta version which has all the latest and greatest features in it. The unregistered users get the current version (as of today). All new features will be added to the Beta version for the registered users only until I decide that a particular feature is ready for release. Registration is and always will be free.
- Added the '_menu' Layer Naming Convention.
May 9, 2008
- Added the '_fixed' Layer Naming Convention
- Added documentation for the '_relative' and '_fixed' Layer Naming Conventions
- Fixed a problem where spaces in _link and _linkover names didn't work
May 2, 2008
- Improved readability of generated code (more blank lines, carraige return and line feed for MS Notepad, etc.)
- Added '_relative' Layer Naming Convention
April 30, 2008
- Added a number of Layer Naming Conventions to support automatic generation of forms
April 24, 2008
- Added Zip file support for download. This is actually the preferred method for download now - we've found that all of the major browsers fail to download the images denoted as CSS background-image when you use the browsers 'File Save As...' method. If you download the Zip file instead, you will get the background-image images as well.
- Fixed a bug in the '_center' Layer Naming Convention feature with respect to figuring out what layers are inside what other layers. Inside layers can now line up pixel for pixel on a given edge with it's outside layer.
April 23, 2008
- Bumped maximum upload file size to 8MB for registered users. Registration is free. You must be logged in to get the 8MB size limit
April 22, 2008
- Added the '_center' Layer Naming Convention
- Removed some of the unnecessary text describing what the psd2css Online engine did internally while converting the .psd files
April 21, 2008
- Couple of minor fixes to keep us XHTML compliant. We use http://xhtml-css.com/ to check our XHTML and CSS compliance.
- Added alt attributes to the img tags
April 20, 2008
- Added Layer Naming Convention for link tags around your images. Helps make buttons and links. See the Tutorial on Layer Names for more info.
- Added more comments to the generated html code
April 19, 2008
- Layer Naming Convention added for CSS 'background-image' specifier. Add '_bkgnd' to your layer name. Will work in conjunction with the '_jpg' convention as well.
- Another new tutorial
- More helpful comments in the generated .html
April 17, 2008
- A new tutorial
- Fixed a bug about spaces in the .psd file names
- New Label Naming Convention - JPEG files! If you have a layer that you ABSOLUTELY know has no alpha transparency in it, you can name that layer with the letters '_jpg' in it and psd2css online will make jpeg image for you instead of the png. Depending on the content of that layer, the jpg image file size can be less than 30% of the png file! That's a big win when you are starting to think about optimizing your webpage.
- Also bumped the maximum .psd file size up to 4MB
April 16, 2008
- Added first support for Label Naming Convetions. If you put the letters '_text' (without the quotes) in the name of any of your layers, they are automatically treated as a text section instead of generating a .png. See the tutorials for details
- Added support for text layers (no need to rasterize them anymore). This is simple text layers - if you have blending options enabled for a layer, then you still need to rasterize it.
- Added support for Photoshop groups